Shuttle is a wire free fire door retainer which legally holds open the fire door until the fire alarm sounds.
How the Shuttle Fire Door Retainer Works
The Shuttle acoustic fire door retainer is installed on the face side of the fire door. Once installed, simply select the "learn alarm feature" and set off your fire alarm for 30 seconds.
Shuttle will then learn your fire alarm and activate. Once the unit has been configured, press down the plunger at your chosen door angle. Unlike other door closers on the market, Shuttle only responds to the sound of the fire alarm and does not respond to vacuum cleaners or other ambient noise.
Contact us for more information.Contact Us
- Dual Listening technology.
- Listens and learns specific sounds. Recognises the sound of the fire alarm in 30 seconds. ONLY closes to the fire alarm!
- Basic listening: No setup required and closes to sounds over 65 db after 20 seconds.
- Up to 4 years battery life and easy to use battery compartment.
- Dynamic slim design, designed to be discreet on the fire door.
- Control Shuttle from the LCD screen.
- Easy night release function, time management system, fault reader and weekly test.
- USB: Software upgrades with special features available.
- Fully compliant with BSEN1155 and accepted by UK fire brigades.
Standards & Operating Guide
Shuttle complies with BSEN1155 which incorporates EN1634. Accepted by ALL UK Fire Brigades.
The standard provides details on product types, classification by use, test cycles, door mass, corrosion resistance, as well as definitions, product performance requirements, test apparatus, test methods and marking of products.
Shuttle is CE marked and tested to EN 1155. Shuttle is listed as a "Normal" category device under BS7273-4:2015.
BS1634: 30 and 60 minute fire doors
£3.99 each - Flat and with backstop plates available.
£2 - Includes 2 x C size batteries.
Only 0.80p each.
Please ask for a cost estimate.